As of 2010, 26.6 million U.S. employees telecommuted or worked at home at least one day a week. Estimates suggest that 63 million will telecommute by 2016.
- 37% of corporations have begun offering telecommuting as a way to improve staff retention rates in the last 12 months.
- 33% of workers use telecommuting to deal with the rising fuel prices.
- 72% of employees say flexible work arrangements would cause them to choose one job over another.
- 37% specifically cite telecommuting.
- 36% of employers with an established culture of flexibility view telework as an essential, strategic element to organizational success.